A Personal Storage Table (.pst) file, is an open proprietary file format used to store copies of messages, calendar events, and other items within Microsoft software such as Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook.
When you use Microsoft Outlook, your email messages, calendar, tasks, and other items can be stored in a .pst file.
PST file discovery, migration, and reporting has been an frustrating issue for many years for many organisations, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Our approach to PST file discovery, migration and reporting follows some key philosophies.
- Fast, full fidelity data migrations.
- Support for password protected files.
- Light weight centralised deployment.
- Chain of custody per item reporting.
We believe that PST discovery, migrations and reporting should be simple, fast, and informative without the massive overheads delivered with other solutions.
Simply Migrate is a unique introduction into the PST migration toolset as it is a PowerShell module, a management UI, and a REST API. As a PowerShell module, using existing scripts significantly reduces the time of deployment, the learning curve, and the time to results. Some of our major benefits are;
- Long File Path support.
- Fast, accurate ownership algorithm.
- Multi-server, multi-process and multi-thread architecture, for blazing throughput.
- PowerShell automation, for super flexible migrations.
- Simply Migrate API, to help integrate with your monitoring, line of business applications, or just because you want reports the way you want them.
- Beautiful modern intuitive Web UI, because no one wants to look at awful UIs.
- Low footprint installation, to save you infrastructure costs.
- Encryption applied throughout product, to keep your data safe and secure.
Our Value add for your PST file estate reporting or migrations
Understand what you currently have in your PST file estate.
Control the network impact of your data move.
Move in a staged fashion to ensure you are in control.
Move only the data you want.
Get itemised reporting along the way.
Understanding your licensing impacts.
Filtering options to help you migrate the data you really need.
Chain of custody, to ensure you know what is being migrated for compliance reasons.